Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
1. No persons in waiting room. If you arrive at the office early, you will wait in your car and will be called in only when it is your turn. Masks will be worn by all persons in the office, including the patient (at all times except during treatment).
2. You will be pre-screened prior to the date of the appointment, AND on the date of the appointment.
3. We will need to take your temperature with a touch-free thermometer to ensure you don't have a fever, and you will be asked to sanitize your hands and mouth at a sanitizing station.
4. We are eliminating any procedures that result in a high chance of spray, and (as always) we are using dental isolation techniques.
5. We are installing and utilizing air filtration devices that will be constantly filtering the air.
6. We are utilizing increased PPE including N-95 masks, face shields, coverings, etc.
There are other specifics too numerous to detail, but we are constantly monitoring all of the information available to us.
We look forward to providing you with the highest quality dentistry performed in a safe space.
Dr. Elzbieta W. Basil , DMD
Copyright © 2018 Dr. Elzbieta W. Basil, DMD - All Rights Reserved.